So I thought it was starting to get warmer here, I’ve been wearing t-shirts and everything and then; rain, torrential rain… Never mind I’ll just get the cardigan back out. But anyway I made salad because once it starts to get warmer I need cooler meals and more salads. This is still a substantial salad though, it will definitely fill you up! The secret to the salad is to put the dressing on the cous cous while it’s still hot so that it soaks up all the flavour.
Cous cous salad
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4 people Cooking Time: 5 minutes Total: 15 minutes
100g cous cous ( I used wholemeal)
12 cherry tomates
200g cooked white beans (I used canned)
1/2 cup of extra Virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp grainy mustard
Juice of 1 mandarín orange or 3tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Cook the cous cous according to the instructions on the packet.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together.
- When the cous cous is cooked, pour aproximately 3/4 of the dressing over the cous cous and allow to cool.
- While the cous cous is cooling wash and halve the tomatoes and drain and rinse the white beans.
- When the cous cous is cool add the tomatoes, beans and the rest of the dressing.
- Mix well and serve.