Although you need to leave the veggies in this bowl to roast for a while, leave is definitely the operative word. Once you’ve prepped you’re veggies and put them in the oven you’re free to do whatever you want until the last minute when you make the crunchy tofu and its savoury sauce from the other week to go on top. I’ve topped this bowl with the tofu in miso and tahini sauce to make it a complete meal and used the left over sauce to cover the roast vegetables, adding not only flavour but all the goodness contained in miso (probiotics amongst other things) and tahini (calcium rich).
My husband claims not to like sweet potato but he ate this and commented on how much he enjoyed it! I hope you enjoy it too!
Roast vegetable bowl with Tofu
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2 people Cooking Time: 45 minutes Total: 55 minutos
4 small sweet potatoes
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.
2. Mix the olive oil, thyme, garlic powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add the sweet potato and mix well.
3. Preheat the oven to 200ºc. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
4. When the oven is hot enough spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the baking parchment and place in the oven.
5. Dice the courgette and cut the broccoli into florets.
6. Add to the bowl where the cubes of sweet potato were before. Mix with the left over seasoning in the bowl.
7. Once the sweet potatoes have been in the oven 15 minutes, move them around on the baking tray, then add the rest of the vegetables. Bake for 30 more minutes.
8. Make the tofu with miso and tahini sauce while your vegetables are roasting.
9. Serve the bowl of roast veg topped with tofu and the miso and tahini sauce drizzled over the tofu and the vegetables.