It’s June and the hot weather has definitely arrived! Time for some light lunches, like this quesadilla. It’s quick, easy and satisfying. I enjoyed this on my roof terrace under a HUGE parasol because otherwise I would have melted! Definitely will make this again as it’s just so simple to put together and I normally have all the ingredients on hand.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4 quesadillas Cooking Time: 10 minutes Total: 20 minutes
For 4 quesadillas
8 wholemeal wheat tortillas
12 button mushrooms
Extra virgin olive oil
1 cups Cashew,soaked at least 2 hours
5 sundried tomatoes
A squeeze of lemon juice
A pinch of salt
1. Chop the onion finely.
2. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
3. Lightly fry the onion and the mushrooms until the onion is transparent and the mushrooms are becoming golden.
4. Add the spinach one handful at a time until wilted then remove from the heat.
5. Make the cashew cheese.Drain the cashews. Blend all the ingredients with 1/2 cup of water (preferably filtered or mineral). You should have a spreadable mixture. If it seems too thick, add more water, little by little, until you achieve the right consistency.
6. Take 2 tortillas spread 1 tablespoon of cashew cheese on each tortilla. Put 1/4 of the spinach and mushroom mixture on one or the tortillas. Put the 2nd tortilla on top cheese side down.
7. Lightly fry the quesadilla in a frying pan on both sides.
8. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.