So here’s the salad that goes with that flavoursome, slightly tart salad dressing that I posted. It’s a nice substantial salad that will leave you feeling satisfied. It’s got quionoa which is absolutely one of my favourite ingredients because of it’s nutty flavour and unusual texture but of course, you could change it for the grain of your choice, rice would work well or even cous cous.
Quinoa Salad with Tangy Green Dressing
1/2 cup raw quinoa
1 medium courgette
- Rinse quinoa under the tap. Place in a saucepan and cover with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked.
- Wash the courgette and grate into a bowl.
- Peel the carrots and grate into the bowl with the courgette.
- Make the dressing.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, drain. You can leave it to cool before adding to the salad or run it under the cold tap to cool it, make sure all the water is well drained and add it to the salad.
- Mix the quinoa and vegetables well, then add the dresing and mix again.
- Serve and enjoy!