I know I promised a new post a bit sooner than this but I’m just faaaar too busy at the moment. I’m still finding time to cook but posting with its editing, photos etc.. is nearly impossible.
So, do you remember the bolognese recipe I posted a little while ago? Well here’s an alternative to serving bolognese over pasta. Make it into a burger. I’ve added milet, which has a texture a bit like mashed potato, to hold it together, although it’s not a super firm burger. I don’t think it could take barbecueing, for example. Even so it made a nice change from my other burgers.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2 people Cooking Time: 30 minutes Total: 40 minutes
1/3 cup raw millet
Extra virgin olive oil.
- Cook the millet. Place in a saucepan with 1 and 1/2 cups of water and boil for 25 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from the millet.
- Mix with the bolognese and blend with a hand blender so that everything is well mixed.
- Form burger shapes.
- Lightly fry in oil until heated through in the middle and crispy on the outside.
- Serve, if you wish in burger buns with salad and sauces of your choice.