Once again we’re in the middle of a summer heatwave. It’s been 40 degrees here for the last few days so we need some refreshing salads to cool down. This salad was just what I needed the other day, the dressing complemented the potatoes perfectly. I bought a packet of baby potatoes in the supermarket which were ready for steaming. You just put the packet in the microwave without opening it or anything cook for 8 minutes and you’re ready to go. But if you don’t want to do it that way you can easily cook the potatoes on the stove it’ll take about 5 more minutes.
Hope you enjoy this salad as much as we did!
Steamed Potato Salad with Beetroot Dressing
Preparation Time: 7 minutes (+ soaking time) Servings: 2 people Cooking Time: 8 minutes Total: 15 minutes
10 baby potatoes
For the dressing:
25g sunflower seeds
2 cooked beetroot
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Soak the sunflower seeds for at least 2 hours in filtered water.
2. Steam the potatoes. I did mine in the microwave which took 8 minutes. Or you can do them on the stove which takes about 15 minutes.
3. On a plate place the salad leaves, the potatoes cut in half, the cherry tomatoes and the radishes cut into slices.
4. Drain the sunflower seeds. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend.
5. Serve. Either drizzle over the salad or serve on the side.