It’s no secret I love Italian food and I don’t just mean pizza and pasta, there’s a whole lot more to this mediterranean neighbour´s fare. Risotto is a great staple and is totally versatile as you can change the veg according to season, personal preference and / or whatever’s in your fridge. So without further ado I leave you with this classic rcipe.
Leek, Broccoli and Sundried Tomato Risotto
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4 people Cooking Time: 30 minutes Total: 40 minutos
1 clove of garlic
4 sundried tomatoes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
1 cup brown rice
1 vegetable stock cube
1. Dice the onion and garlic. Chop the leek into rounds and the broccoli into florets.
2. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil with a pinch of salt until transparent.
3. Add the rest of the vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir in the pan for two minutes.
5. Add the boiling water and the stock cube. Enought water to cover everything in the pan by about 1cm.
6. Chop the sundried tomatoes and add to the pan.
7. Cook for about 20 minutes or according to the instructions on the rice packet.
8. Whenever you see that almost all the water has evaporated add some more and give everything a stir.
9. Serve with the toppings of your choice