Despite plenty of delicious tofu recipes all over the internet, people still keep telling me that tofu tastes of nothing and that they can’t understand how people “can eat that stuff”. So I’ve decided to add a recipe that I hope will win over all those tofu sceptics out there. The secret here, as is so often the case with tofu, is in the sauce. You have to make the whole recipe here because it’s the sauce that gives the crunchy tofu a savoury touch and plenty of flavour.
I hope this recipe wins you over and you decide to give tofu a(nother) try!
Tofu with Miso and Tahini Sauce
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Servings: 2 people Cooking Time: 10 minutes Total: 20 minutos
250g tofu (can be plain or smoked)
extra virgin olive oil (aprox 2tbsp)
2 tbsp miso
1 heaped tbsp tahini
1. Put the cornflour on a plate and add a pinch of salt. Mix it into the corn flour.
2. Cut the tofu into batons.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
4. Pass the tofu batons through the cornflour and add to the saucepan.
5. Brown the tofu batons on all sides, being careful that they don’t burn.
6. While you are cooking the tofu mix the miso, tahini and water together in a bowl to form a smooth paste.
7. Remove the tofu batons from the saucepan and drain on kitchen paper.
8. Serve with the sauce on the side.